2. Information CollectedWe may receive and/or collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- 2.1: Personal Data Received from Services Users. The Users of our Services may provide us with Personal Data from time to time in the course of providing requested services, features or resources, or products to them. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number or other information you provide us in connection with our Services.
- 2.2: Personal Data You Provide to Us On Our Services. If you send us a “Contact” request, fill out a web form, register for an event, or sign up to receive updates, you may be asked to provide us with certain information that may constitute Personal Data, such as your name, email address, organization, job title, phone number, and industry. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us, and we may keep a record of any correspondence you submit to us.
- 2.3.1: Log Files on Our Service. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Sites and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Site may not work correctly. These cookies do not store any Personal Data.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of Site visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our Site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is an element of our Services. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the Services, the IP address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Sites. By downloading and using a browser plugin provided by Google (available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout), you can choose to opt out of Google Analytics.
- Functionality cookies These are used to recognize you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences (e.g., your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our content more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- 2.3.3: Other Tracking Technologies. When you use our Service, we may collect your IP addresses to track and aggregate non-Personal Data. For example, we may use IP addresses to monitor the regions from which you navigate our Services. We may also use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about your usage of our Service and interaction with emails from us. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website tied to the web beacon. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to our Service. We may use web beacons to operate and improve our Service and email communications.
- The Purposes for Which We Use Personal Data
3. We may collect and use Users’ information for the following purposes:
We may use your Personal Data for purposes otherwise disclosed at the time you provide your information.
- To provide you with the products and services you requested;
- To improve customer service. The information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support your needs more efficiently;
- To improve and operate our Services, including using the feedback you provide us;
- To send periodic emails to you regarding the use of our Services and our events;
- To communicate with you if you decide to opt-in to our mailing list and receive emails that may include company news, updates, or related Services information. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To set up and maintain your registration for our Services, including Salient events and conferences;
- To verify your identity to allow your access to any password-protected portions of the Services;
- To create aggregated, non-personal information, or to create de-identified information;
- To protect our rights and/or our property;
- To operate and improve our Services;
- To manage our Services and its related features;
- To develop, improve, and protect the Service;
- For market research; and
- To audit and analyze the Services.
4. Legal Bases for Processing Personal DataWe rely on the following legal grounds for the collection, processing, and use of your Personal Data:
- the processing is necessary to provide the Services as requested by you;
- your consent;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except (for residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)) where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you which require protection of Personal Data; such legitimate interests are the fulfillment of the processing purposes set out above.
5. How We Protect Your InformationWe adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Data stored on our Services.
6. How We Disclose Personal DataWe do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose the Personal Data collected from our Service to third- parties unless otherwise stated below or with your consent.
- 6.2 Our Clients. We may disclose Personal Data to our clients as necessary in the course of our contracts with our clients.
8. Your Rights
- 8.1 Privacy Officer. You may submit a request to email@example.com or write to us at the following mailing address. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws. 125 Grand Street, Schoharie, NY 12157 USA
- Depending on where you live, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning Personal Data about you. We encourage you to first reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
- 8.3 EEA Individuals’ Privacy Rights. In certain circumstances, local data protection laws and certain local laws (including the GDPR) may give you rights with respect to Personal Data if you are located in the EEA. These rights differ by country/region, but may include:
- Right to request access to your Personal Data. You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the Personal Data. This access information includes the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Data have been or will be disclosed. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to request rectification. You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to request erasure (right to be forgotten). You may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Data concerning you and we may be obliged to erase such Personal Data.
- Right to request restriction of processing. You may have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Data. In such a case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to request data portability. You may have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to object. You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Data by us and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Data. Such right to object may especially apply if Emerson collects and processes your Personal Data for profiling purposes in order to better understand your business interests in Emerson’s products and services. Further, you may object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your Personal Data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us. To exercise this right please contact us as stated above under the section Contacting Us. However, such a right to object may in particular not exist if the processing of your Personal Data is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
- Other rights in connection with automated decision-making. Furthermore, under certain circumstances with respect to automated individual decision-making, you have the right to obtain human intervention, express your point of view, and contest the decision.
- You may exercise these rights by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- 8.4 Opting-Out of Promotional Emails. You may choose not to receive future promotional or advertising emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that you receive from us. Additionally, you may send a request specifying your communications preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to the performance of our services. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact” request as well as administrative, maintenance and operational emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request).
9. Children’s privacyYou must be at least sixteen (16) years of age to register to and use the Services. Services are not directed to children under 13. We do not intend to collect Personal Data from children under 13.